We sincerely welcome all newcomers to our worship service. May Logos Baptist Church (Mississauga) be your spiritual home.
1. Today is the Mother’s Day Sunday. As a token of our appreciation, the church has prepared some gifts to all mothers.
2. Summer student recruitment: The church has been granted funding for two summer job positions with 9-week period by Service Canada under Canada Youth Summer Placement program. For details of job qualification requirements and descriptions, please see the Church Administration Bulletin Board. College or University first-year students are preferred. If interested, please submit your resume to apply with Brother Richard Leung. The application deadline is May 26.
3. We will have a Joint Worship Service of all 3 congregations next Sunday, May 19th. Sunday school will be cancelled that day. Worship time will begin at 10:45am.
4. The 2013 Gospel Camp will be held coming Friday until the 19th, at Wilfrid Laurier University. Details as follows:
Cantonese: Topic: “Peaceful Cut!’ How to Find Real Peace?” Speaker: Rev. James Pang from Toronto Short Term Mission (STM)
Mandarin: Topic: “Success? Meaningless? / The True Meaning of Life” Speaker: Rev. Chi Kei Wong from the Chinese Gospel Church (Toronto)
English: Keystone Gospel Camp 2013 Topic: “Who Holds Tomorrow”Speaker: Dr. Daniel Wu. Please register with Sister Kammy Ng.
The Fee is as follows:
Adult: $80, Children age 6-12: $40 (no separate beds), age 5 & under is free.
We encourage brothers and sisters earnestly invite not-yet-believer friends and family to join, to get to know Jesus, and receive His grace. Please register at the Ushers table after service.
5. England & Germany Short Term Mission (STM) will be held from August 12th-27th. The first week will be in London, England. Our team will work with the local Christians going to evangelize shop and restaurant workers in China Town. Also they will hold VBS, gospel workshops for parents and gospel Sunday. For the last week, the team will travel to Hanover, Germany to do bible study, personal evangelism, and visitation in addition to experience the local mission and cultivation ministries.
Number of people: 6-7
Fees: C$2,200-$2,500 (Church can provide 50% subsidy)
The requirements for registration are:
A. Members of our church;
B. Has a burden in sharing the gospel (trained and participated in evangelism.(For example, tract distribution or Evangelistic Explosion, etc.);
C. Fluent in Mandarin language (with the exception of assisting the children ministry)
D. Has experience in the Children ministry (teachers of Children Sunday school or VBS)
Deadline for registration is next Sunday, on a first come first serve basis for qualified members. For those who have a burden to join, please contact Brother Richard Leung for application.
6. Paul is coming to town! The theme of VBS 2013 is “Athens – Paul’s dangerous journey to share the truth”. It will be held on July 8th -12th from 8:45am to 12:30 noon. VBS is open for children from 4 to 13 years old (JK to Gr.7). Registration fee is $45. Please register with Sister Ann Pang after worship service. Please also pray for volunteer recruitment and program preparation. For volunteering in this ministry, please contact Sister Marianne Ho or Mona Chan.
7. The New Sunday School has begun last Sunday. The classes are as follows:
OT Survey (I)
Manson Mak, George Tey
Tom Ho, Marianne Ho
Church History (I)
Eva Mak, Phil Kwok
For inquiries, please contact Brother Daniel Tse.
1. There is a Bible Study in Mandarin for gospel seekers, at church every Tuesday from 1:00pm-2:30pm, led by Pastor Luke Cheng. We encourage brothers & sisters to invite their non-believe friends and family to join.
2. There is an English Bible Study & Prayer Meeting this Wednesday, on Proverbs (Pr.6:6-11, 12:24, 19:24, 24:30-34). The topic is “The Consequences of Laziness”. We encourage your participation. Chairperson and Singspiration leader is Tom Ho, and Childcare is Vanessa Yam.
3. The Newcomers Welcome Dinner will be held on Sunday, May 26th, from 4:30–8:00 pm. All newcomers who have been attending our church gatherings within the past 6 months are invited. For registration, please sign up with Brother Jorrie Yau.
Items to be noted
Due to the recent occurrences of several cases of chickenpox within the church congregation, this is a reminder that the early signs of chickenpox could be fever or skin rash. If you or your children have those symptoms, please quarantine yourself for a few days and check with your doctor to see if it might be early chickenpox. Thank you for your cooperation.
1. Brother Tom Ho’s graduation from McMaster Divinity Collegewill be on Tuesday, May 21st, at 4 pm, at McMaster Divinity College Chapel. We invite all brothers & sisters to attend the ceremony, and witness God's grace together.
1. There is a Basketball Outreach Ministry today from 2:30pm-5:30pm. We encourage you to invite your non-believe friends to attend. For inquiries, please contact Brother Phil Kwok.
2. There is a Tai Chi 18 Styles (Second Form) this Thursday, from 7:30pm-9:00pm, in the gym. We welcome all newcomers to come and join.
3. There is a Praise Dance Class this Saturday from 10:30am-12pm, in the gym. We welcome brothers & sisters to invite their friends and relatives to join.
4.Yee Hong Centre will have two worship services for seniors held on Saturday, May 25th, at 9:45am and 10:30am. These worship services will be led by the Isaac Fellowship, cell group 8, 9, & 10. We welcome your participation. Please contact Sister Windy Tse for details.
Other Church News
The Chinese Herald Christian Crusades (Herald Monthly) will be holding a "2013 Herald Vision Banquet" on Sunday, July 7th at 6:00pm, at the Kingsley Chinese Restaurant (50 Kennedy Road South, Brampton). We welcome brothers and sisters to attend, to support this foundation for free-will offerings. For registration and inquiries, please call 905-944-1777 or register with Brother Tony Ng.